Sunday, June 21, 2009

Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to Notes from a Feminist Rebellion.  I'm your host, Simone Lovelace, a rising senior at Scripps College.   Here, you will find my musings and rants about feminist issues, from women in the workplace, to abortion rights, to bikini waxes.

My goal is to provide a thought-provoking, off-beat analysis of the way gender roles operate in our culture.  I hope to encourage people of all beliefs, backgrounds, political affiliations to question their assumptions about gender and sexuality.  

This is not a feminism 101 site.   If you're looking for a comprehensive introduction to feminism, I highly recommend these resources: 


In addition, this is not a source for up-to-the-minute feminist analysis of either popular culture or current events. If that's what you're craving, check out the links below.


The opinions expressed on this blog are entirely my own.  I am not a spokeswoman for the feminist movement.  I'm a bright, thinking woman, who was taken some women's studies courses, and done a lot of reading.  If you agree what I have to say, great!  If you don't, leave me a comment, and tell me why.  I would love to hear your thoughts.   

I want this to be a safe, welcoming space for discussion, so please be courteous.  Keep the comments respectful and the language clean.

Notes for a Feminist Rebellion updates once a week, homework permitting.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment